Supplies Needed -
2. A range of fabric colors
3. Small and Medium Brushes
5. Masking Tape
6. Cotton T-shirt
1. Select a design and sketch the outline of the pattern lightly using the pencil.
2. Use masking tape to block out the areas you don’t want to paint (i.e the insides of the pocket)
3. Start with the lightest shade. For this particular pattern, I mixed mainly green and white, and added a dabbed yellow to warm up the green, then a bit of red to to desaturate it overall.
4. For the darker leaves, try not to use too much black – instead, add a hint of blue and to deepen the green.
5. Use a skinnier brush to add details.
6. Leave to dry for an hour or so.
7. To fix – iron the denim from the front through a thin cloth at cotton heat setting for 3 minutes. Et voila! The paint should be waterproof and even machine-washable. (Try not to touch the paint-job with the iron!)